Job Description and Synthesis
Our client, a Fortune 500 located in Roseland, NJ, is currently seeking a Senior Auditor to join their Internal Audit team. The qualified candidate will execute integrated operational audits of business units, products, activities, and functions. The candidate will also be actively engaged in the audit process from planning to issuance of the audit report.
- Contribute to all aspects of an audit including planning, conducting walkthroughs, preparing meeting agendas, performing testing, work paper documentation, control evaluation, report drafting, and verification of issue closure, in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Conduct preliminary reviews of audit areas to define scope and analyze risk.
- Prepare Audit Planning Documents, Audit Announcement letters, and Audit Work Programs ensuring complete coverage and analysis of key areas.
- Analyze data sets to create an appropriate audit sample and/or identify trends within a population that can provide key risk insights.
- Lead meetings, interact / communicate with all levels of the organization, and develop value-added relationships with process owners and business unit management.
- Discuss test results and audit findings with IAD management and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Draft observations and recommendations to resolve or prevent errors and enhance controls within the audited entity.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously and effectively manage timelines in order to deliver high quality work products in a timely and efficient manner with limited supervision.
- Perform special reviews and other related duties, as assigned.
- Provide timely status reports to the project manager and Director.
- Develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area and/or knowledge of key business processes.
- Facilitate teamwork by contributing to team efforts, sharing responsibility for team results and exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Improve and enhance technical proficiency by completing 40 credit hours of applicable training courses per year.
- Moderate out of town and local travel, estimated at 15-20% per year.
- 3+ years’ audit experience, preferably in a Big 4 Public or National Accounting firm, or comparable business experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related discipline
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure, and willing to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task and proactively manage workload with competing priorities
- Proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and capable of completing a diverse workload timely
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, time management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong work ethic with self-accountability for high quality deliverables and achieving departmental goals
- CIA, CISA, CPA, requisite designation or comparable business experience
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner
- Knowledge of system development life cycle (SDLC) concepts with an ability to quickly learn about complex systems
- Understanding of common IT disciplines (applications, operations, infrastructure, and management) or IT General Controls
- Ability to work independently and proactively to execute critical tasks
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics (i.e., diplomacy, decisiveness, assertiveness, cooperativeness).