Job Synthesis and Description
Our client, a Fortune 500 based in Roseland, NJ, is currently seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join their Internal Audit team. The qualified candidate will execute integrated operational audits of business units, products, activities, and functions. The candidate will also be actively engaged in the audit process from planning to issuance of the audit report. We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, and Social Responsibility.
- Manage all aspects of an audit (Planning, Fieldwork, & Reporting), in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Serve as the project manager for small to large audits with moderate to high complexity and perform special reviews and other related duties, as assigned.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously and effectively manage timelines in order to deliver high quality work products in a timely and efficient manner with limited supervision.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of audit areas to define scope, analyze risks, identify opportunities for improvement, and provide value-added recommendations.
- Review and provide project-level feedback on audit documentation prepared by associates including, Audit Planning Documents, Audit Announcement letters, and Audit Work Programs ensuring complete coverage and analysis of key areas.
- Analyze data sets to identify trends within a population that can provide key risk insights.
- Lead meetings, interact / communicate with all levels of the organization, and develop value-added relationships with process owners and business unit management.
- Discuss test results and audit findings with IAD management and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Draft observations and recommendations to resolve or prevent errors and enhance controls within the audited entity.
- Provide timely status reports to the Director.
- Act as a department resource for knowledge in critical subject matter areas and/or key business processes assigned
- Facilitate teamwork by contributing to team efforts, sharing responsibility for team results and exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Improve and enhance technical proficiency by completing 40 credit hours of applicable training courses per year.
- Provide periodic performance feedback and short-term and long-term individual development plan guidance to junior level associates
- Moderate out of town and local travel, estimated at 15-20% per year.
- Bachelor’ s Degree and CPA required
- 4 to 6 years of audit experience with proficiency in the following areas:
- Financial and operational auditing
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance (for reliance purposes)
- Business process improvement
- Working understanding of IT General Controls (for reliance purposes)
- Supervisory experience
- Fraud Investigation
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- 5+ years’ of progressive audit experience, preferably in a Big 4 Public or National Accounting firm with 2+ years of people management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related discipline
- Must have at least one professionally recognized certification (CPA, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent certification)
- Proficiency in the following areas:
- People management
- Operational auditing
- IT general and application controls (A working understanding)
- Business process improvement
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure, and willing to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task and proactively manage workload with competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and proactively to execute critical tasks
- Proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and capable of completing a diverse workload timely
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, time management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong work ethic with self-accountability for high quality deliverables and achieving departmental goals
- Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner
- Knowledge of system development life cycle (SDLC) concepts with an ability to quickly learn about complex systems
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics (i.e., diplomacy, decisiveness, assertiveness, cooperativeness).